WORK FOR SALT LAKE MAGAZINE
Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
JES Publishing is looking for an organized, detail-oriented senior graphic designer/art director to join the Salt Lake magazine, Utah Style & Design, and Utah Bride & Groom creative team. The right candidate will posses the communication, technical and creative skills to maintain the high-level of quality our readers are accustomed to. This position will report to the senior art director and requires a professional who is self-directed and capable of carrying projects through from inception to print. Candidates must live in the Salt Lake area.
• Work closely with art and editorial teams to design and oversee the overall look of the magazines
• Work with art and editorial teams to identify art needs for each story and acquire the necessary art for each issue
• Maintain project schedules, timelines and deadlines within art and editorial departments to meet production deadlines
• Photo editing/manipulation and color correction
• Collaborate with art and editorial teams on story concepts
• Direct staff and freelance photographers on photographic needs for each issue
• Manage art interns and freelancers as needed
• Direct and manage in-studio photo shoots (product and live model shoots)
• Prepare final files for printer
• Update and maintain photo and file archives
• Foster community relationships and represent the magazines at events
• Stay abreast of new technology and innovations
• BFA or BA in graphic design, art or similar field of study, and a minimum of 3 years professional experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
• Experience working in print media, agency or corporate marketing & communications department
• Advanced or expert skills using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• Significant experience designing for print, and solid understanding of print technologies
• Ability to manage intern and freelance designers
• A strong creative vision and ability to produce high-energy, high-impact work on a budget
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead and meet deadlines
• Intermediate skills using the Microsoft Office suite
Strong network of local illustrators and photographers
Knowledge of Salt Lake City/Utah food & wine, arts and entertainment scene
Experience with Adobe LightRoom
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio link to Salt Lake magazine Director of Operations, Damon Shorter at email@example.com. No calls please!
Publishing company is seeking a production manager for all its publications. Duties include ad, collateral and special section design, ad trafficking, troubleshooting submitted ad files, contract administration and maintenance, acting as liaison between magazine and clients, vendors and printers; creating digital version of magazine for web posting; uploading all PDF press-ready files for printer and all other magazine production duties.
Special skill sets include design, the ability to work quickly within tight deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, superior customer service, close working knowledge of the printing process (the ability to create press-ready files, i.e. bleeds, PDF proofing, color separations - spot vs. CMYK is a plus), organization and planning skills. IT knowledge is desired but not required. Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite is a must.
How to Apply
Please send your resume as well as design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Account Executive
Salt Lake Magazine is looking for a pleasant, intelligent individual to maximize an Inside/Outside Sales Rep position. Job will require cold calling, prospecting, database coordination, and customer service to existing clients. The expectation of this position is sales-based, and applicants should exhibit primary interest in sales. Knowledge and experience in advertising and publishing is preferred, but not required.
Experience in sales and prospecting is a plus; but tenacity, an engaging personality, being highly organized and having a strong work ethic are traits you will need to be successful. Good communication and personable phone skills, as well as the ability to be persuasive in person and on the phone are a must. All training will be provided at our work location; 5th S and 7th East, in Salt Lake City, UT. You will need a valid drivers license and transportation to allow you to travel within the Wasatch Front as needed. You will be expected to work M-F from 8 AM-5 PM. The compensation will be paid hourly at a rate of $10.00 per hour plus commission on all sales you make.
How to Apply
Please send a complete resume and a cover letter detailing your career objective and three personal characteristics enabling you to shine at sales. Also include a list of three references who are able to speak to your professional capabilities, potential, and experience.
This is a writing and research intensive internship, and our interns work between 2-4 days a week and write weekly stories for the web as well as contribute to the print issue. Interns will assist editors with research, story prep and other projects critical to publishing a bimonthly magazine. Interns may also occasionally be asked to assist with projects for sister magazines Utah Bride & Groom and Utah Style & Design.
The ideal candidate is a journalism or english major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Jaime Winston (email@example.com) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine editorial internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form which should be returned to Jaime via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample.
Same as above except art and graphic design based. Interns work directly with the art director and the assistant art director.
The ideal candidate is an art or graphic design major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Jaime Winston (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine art internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Jaime via email, along with a current resume and portfolio.
Salt Lake magazine has intern positions for PR & Marketing. This is a 2 day a week internship which includes set up, planning, and implementation of events for all three magazines. Also includes writing for ad copy and marketing efforts for the magazines including contests and giveaways.
The ideal candidate is a communications or marketing major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Jaime Winston (email@example.com) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine marketing internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Amanda via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample or portfolio.
All applications for Summer 2015 semester are due April 15, 2015.
Interested in joining our team? email: firstname.lastname@example.org