If you're feeling tired of wearing the same everyday makeup look, now is the time to change it up. The new year is fast approaching and a new year is all about change and new beginnings.
The holidays are the perfect time to break out the shimmer and bling, so why not try a new twist on the typical smoky eye and sub in glitzy gold?
Metallic shadows are best on youthful eyes, as shimmer can enhance creases and wrinkles. For older eyes, stick with matte finishes and minimal liner.
GET THE LOOK:
1. After you've prepped your face with foundation or powder, it's time to focus on making your eyes pop. Swipe a shimmering gold shadow all over your lid, like this one in 'Millenium' by Dior. Use a thin brush to line the bottom edge of the eyelid with shadow as well, creating a smoky look.
2. Line the top and bottom lids with Got Beauty's Pops gel liner in black. Use a thin, angled brush and start with a thin line and add to its thickness as needed.
3. Finish your eyes with a sweep of volumizing mascara like Benefit's They're Real on both top and bottom lashes.
4. A light sweep of bronzer just under the cheekbones contours your face and ties the look together so you don't appear washed out. Try So-Bronze by Jane Iredale
5. Let your eyes be the statement and opt for a nude lipgloss like Clarins Light Natural Lip Perfector (shown in Petal Shimmer.)