The holidays are a fun and festive time—especially when it comes to your wardrobe. There is no better time to shine. Here are six easy Style Bytes to get you on your way:
- Sequins: I love a good sparkle any time of year, but especially around the holidays. This time of year, it’s fun to go bold, and what better way than with a little sequin? A sequin top can be fun to casual with some boyfriend jeans or dressed up with coated denim. And a good sequin dress is always the ticket.
- Leather: Leather is so on-trend. A great leather pant can do wonders for your wardrobe. If you’re looking for a less extreme option, go for a great leather tank under a jacket over or a cozy cashmere cocoon sweater.
- Jewelry: Give me vintage costume jewelry, or a chunky chain and I will give you perfection. A great necklace can spice up any outfit and make it a show-stopper. Necklaces are often the easiest, but a dangle earring that shines can be equally as effective—especially if you’re wearing a high neck line or a wild pattern and a necklace just seems too much.
- Coat: During the holidays ditch the puffy coat and opt for one with a little jazz. Outerwear with embellishments always make an outfit more fun.
- Bold color: A simple way to add a pop in your life is with a fun color. Go bold and be the talk of the party.
- Jumpsuit: Tired of wearing a dress or choosing a top to go with those certain pants? Then jump on the jumpsuit train. They are easy, elegant and with the right accessories can be total perfection.
Experiment this holiday. Pick something bold and beautiful to spice up your season. As always, if you have questions or need help, come visit me at Apt. 202!
XX Ashley Rothwell-Campagna
Owner, Apt. 202
Sequins: Parker dress and top
Leather: Paige leather pants and BB Dakota vegan leather top
Jewelry: (top row) Kenneth Jay Lane necklace and Adia Kibur necklace, (bottom row) Freida and Nellie earrings and Abia Kibur earrings
Bold colored tops: Funktional and BCBGMax Azria
Coats: Kate Spade and Line and Dot
Jumpsuits: BCBGMax Azria and Addison NY, jewelry is Adia Kibur
(most available at Apt. 202)