Get ready for a culinary treat. Slow Food's annual Feast of Five Senses—which Salt Lake mag's own Mary Malouf has hailed as one of the state's best food events—takes place Sunday, Sept. 16 at the Alta Club (100 E. South Temple) in downtown Salt Lake. Eight local and much celebrated chefs will create dishes from the bounty (it is harvest season, after all) of Utah's food producers and artisans to raise funds for Slow Food Utah's wide range of programs, including small-scale food growers and producers, community innovators and educators.
This year's feast makers include:
- Kassie Little of Liberty Heights Fresh
- Greg Neville of Lugano
- Ethan Lappe of Caffe Niche
- Nathan Powers of Bambara
- Phelix Gardner of Finca
- Brian Edwards of the Alta Club
- Amber Billingsley of Vinto
- Romina Rasmussen of Les Madeleines
- Uinta Beer will offer pairings
- Francis Fecteau of Libation LLC will be pairing a wine with each course
- Sysco, food distributor and sponsor
Cost is $85 per person, with a $35 optional wine pairing and tickets are available online at www.slowfoodutah.org. Seating is limited so early reservations are highly recommended.